Emergency Dentist in Conyers, GA
When a dental problem suddenly occurs, and you require emergency dental care, our team at Conyers Dental Associates is here to help. We have our team standing by to take your call at 770-483-6655.
At Conyers Dental Associates, we pride ourselves on offering outstanding dental services, including handling dental emergencies and urgent situations.
If you experience sudden tooth pain during office hours, we will do our best to see emergencies as soon as possible with Dr. William Brunton.
What Is a Dental Emergency?
Some dental emergencies require immediate medical attention. In an emergency, waiting to take action can make problems worse. Emergency cases, when left untreated, can endanger the patient’s health.
The American Dental Association (ADA) defines dental emergencies as situations that are “potentially life-threatening and require immediate treatment to stop ongoing tissue bleeding [or to] alleviate severe pain or infection.” The ADA’s examples include
- uncontrolled bleeding
- cellulitis or a soft-tissue bacterial infection causing swelling within or outside the mouth that might compromise the patient’s airway
- trauma involving facial bones that potentially compromises the patient’s airway
If you or a family member is experiencing any of the above symptoms, be sure to call our emergency number 770-483-6655 immediately. If the situation is life-threatening, please call 911
What Is Urgent Dental Care?
As part of its emergency guidance, the ADA added a category called urgent dental care, which “focuses on the management of conditions that require immediate attention to relieve severe pain and/or risk of infection and to alleviate the burden on hospital emergency departments.”
Examples of urgent dental care treatments that usually require immediate medical attention include:
• Severe dental pain from any number of causes
• Abscesses or localized infections resulting in pain and swelling of gums or mouth
• Tooth fracture resulting in pain or causing soft tissue trauma
• Dental trauma that has caused a loose or dislodged adult tooth
• Dental treatment cementation if the temporary filling, crown, or bridge is lost, broken, or causing gum irritation
If you experience any of the above symptoms, be sure to call our emergency number 770-483-6655 in Conyers, GA, immediately.
Non-Urgent Situations When You Need to See the Dentist Right Away
Sometimes unexpected things happen to your teeth, and you need to see a dentist right away, but it’s not an emergency. When no severe pain is involved, you can often wait to visit the dentist’s office. In these cases, we will do our best to see emergencies as soon as possible.
Here are some non-urgent dental situations:
- Lost filling
- Loose crown
- Cracked, chipped, or broken tooth (that doesn’t cause severe tooth pain)
- An object stuck between teeth
- Dull tooth pain
- Tooth sensitivity
Although the symptoms above may not require urgent care, only a dental specialist knows for sure. If you are experiencing any of the above symptoms, be sure to call our office as soon as possible to see if we if we have any appointments available. We will do our best to see emergencies as soon as possible.
What Can You Do While You Wait to See the Dentist?
Calling our office at Conyers Dental Associates in Conyers, GA, is the first step when you have an urgent issue or dental emergency. After you have scheduled an appointment, here are some things you can do for yourself before you get emergency dental services.
- If you have knocked out a tooth, keep it moist until you see the dentist. Putting it in milk is the best option.
- Lessen pain and fight infection by swishing your mouth with a teaspoon of salt dissolved in warm water OR with hydrogen peroxide.
- You can reduce swelling or bleeding to the mouth or jaw by gently applying a cold pack to the area.
- An over-the-counter painkiller can reduce swelling and pain.
We hope you’ll never have a dental emergency or need for urgent care, but when and if you do, we will be here for you. Our expert team at Conyers Dental Associates specializes in the latest dental diagnostics and treatments. Please call today at 770-483-6655 to schedule an appointment.