Dental Crowns in Conyers, GA
At Conyers Dental Associates, we offer dental crown placements to improve the function and appearance of your teeth. Call us today at 770-483-6655.
If you have damaged or unevenly spaced teeth, you may not have the confidence to smile or talk naturally in professional or social settings. At Conyers Dental Associates, we offer dental crown fittings to restore the appearance of your smile.
Dr. William Brunton and our dental team in Conyers, GA, will recommend the correct crown type and treatment while ensuring that you have a comfortable and pleasant experience.
What Are Dental Crowns?
A dental crown is a permanent cover or “cap” we place over a tooth (sometimes called a tooth crown) to restore its function, shape, or size. A ceramic or porcelain crown looks like a natural tooth and doesn’t look out of place next to your other teeth. Dental crowns also fit comfortably in the mouth, and you won’t feel any difference between the cap and your other teeth.
Various types of crowns are available, and we take several factors into account when determining the best option for you. These factors include:
- The tooth’s function and location
- The color of the surrounding teeth
- The gum tissue’s position
The different crown types include:
- Metal crowns: We typically recommend metal crowns to restore the durability of out-of-sight teeth.
- Ceramic or porcelain crown: Thanks to modern technology, tooth-colored porcelain crowns have an authentic appearance and can last for up to 30 years.
- PFM crown: A porcelain-fused-to-metal crown is highly durable like metal, but its appearance is much like ceramic or porcelain crowns.
Temporary and Permanent Crowns
To ensure a custom fit, a laboratory manufactures a permanent crown specifically for you, based on impressions the dental team takes of your teeth. In many cases, a temporary crown is necessary to protect the tooth while waiting for the final product to come back from the lab.
When Do You Need a Dental Crown?
At Conyers Dental Associates, Dr. Brunton may recommend a dental crown placement to:
- Protect a weak or cracked tooth
- Restore the size and function of a worn-down or previously decayed tooth
- Serve as one of two anchors for a dental bridge
- Cover a yellowed, discolored, or misshapen tooth
- Cover and protect a dental implant
In some cases, you may need additional treatments, such as teeth whitening or a root canal, to restore your tooth’s health and appearance. If you have gum disease, you may need antibiotics or periodontal surgery before getting a crown.
Caring for Your Dental Crowns
Your dental care routine should include proper brushing and flossing, and you will need to visit your dentist at least twice per year. Additional measures to care for your dental crowns:
- Stay away from biting down on hard foods, such as ice or hard candy, with your crown
- Stop consuming tobacco products, such as cigarettes or chewing tobacco
- Use a mouth guard if you grind your teeth at night
- Don’t use your teeth as a tool to open bottle caps
With proper care, your dental crowns can last for decades. We use the latest technology and materials to ensure optimal crown longevity and comfort.
At Conyers Dental Associates, we offer dental crown services to restore damaged or decaying teeth. If you need a dental crown placement in Conyers, GA, call us at 770-483-6655 to schedule an appointment.