Tooth Fillings in Conyers, GA
Make your teeth whole again with professional dental fillings. Call Conyers Dental Associates at (770) 483-6655 for a complimentary consultation.
Relieve cavity pain and restore the full function of your teeth with tooth-colored fillings.
Our compassionate team at Conyers Dental Associates has provided patients with quality dental care for over 45 years. If patients need dental fillings in Conyers, GA, they often call us first because we represent the most-trusted name in the area.
What Are Dental Fillings?
Dental fillings correct several different problems, like cavities, chipped or broken teeth, and gaps between teeth. They present a simple, pain-free solution that is quick and easy to apply. Some of the materials we use in dental fillings include:
- Composite resin
- Silver amalgam
- Glass ionomer
The type of material we select for a patient’s filling will depend on several factors, such as the patient’s specific dental issue, budget, and aesthetic preferences. For dental fillings in Conyers, GA, most patients choose composite resin because it blends with the color of their teeth. Regardless of the material selected, the result is a fully restored tooth once the dentist creates the filling.
Who Requires Teeth Fillings?
For the most part, dentists use fillings to fix a cavity and prevent further tooth decay. When left untreated, a cavity can grow. If it reaches the pulp in the center of the tooth, it will likely require a root canal. That’s why all dentists suggest that patients with cavities seek help in the form of preventative dentistry.
Dental fillings have several other applications, as well. The materials applied in dental fillings do a great job of correcting chips, cracks, and breaks on patients’ teeth. In such cases, the filling strengthens the teeth and prevents additional damage. It reinforces the tooth structure, allowing patients to eat most food items without incident and continue their daily lives.
What Is Involved in the Dental Filling Process?
In the case of a cavity, Dr. Brunton can apply a filling on the same day, depending on the office’s schedule.
- First, Dr. Brunton usually numbs the area around the tooth, including the nerve. This allows for a painless experience during the dental filling process.
- Second, he will remove any decayed material near the surface of the tooth before drilling. The drilling will not be painful since your mouth will be numb.
- When the drilling is complete, Dr. Brunton will clean out the cavity’s interior using dental tools.
- The next step is the application of the filling itself. If you select a composite resin filling, the doctor will focus on matching the material’s color to your natural teeth.
- As a final step, Dr. Brunton will cure the filling, then shape, file, and polish the new material to create a smooth surface.
Be sure not to put off fixing your cavities! Call us to make an appointment with Dr. Brunton at Conyers Dental Associates at (770) 483-6655.